A mystery of a trilogy

Home/Article/A mystery of a trilogy

A mystery of a trilogy

3_fing_smWe’ve discussed the concept of the death trilogy here before, but the events of the last several days left CT and me puzzling over this one.

What’s the thread tying these three together? Any ideas, fellow lunchers?

By | 2017-03-17T02:55:14+00:00 June 26th, 2009|Categories: Article|Tags: , , , |10 Comments

1. Carlin February 23, 2017 at 4:00 am - Reply

Also Harve Presnell died yesterday. And Fred Travalena died on Sunday.

I give up as well.

2. Jeeg February 23, 2017 at 4:00 am - Reply

So Karl "Don't leave home without it" Malden passed away today. After some discussions and further pondering, I thought I had our two trilogies figured out.

Then I learn that Mollie Sugden, best known as Mrs. Slocombe from the Britcom "Are You Being Served?" also died today. That makes something like a celebrity death septuplet.

I give up.

3. Todd February 23, 2017 at 4:00 am - Reply

I can't help but think there is a joke out there somewhere. "Billy Mays, Ed McMahon, and Michael Jackson stand before St. Peter . . ."

4. Jeeg February 23, 2017 at 4:00 am - Reply

Billy Mays? Noooooooo! Why are the great ones taken before their time?

5. Carlin February 23, 2017 at 4:00 am - Reply

Okay, here's what I'm thinking now…

We've got a trilogy of McMahon, Jackson, and Mays that just ended today. Sidekick to the King of Late Night, King of Pop, and King of Infomercials…two kings and another about as close as you can get. All three within the span of a week.

Concurrently, we have a 70s TV show stars trilogy going that's going over a longer span of time. David Carradine from Kung Fu, Farrah Fawcett from Charlie's Angel, and…who'll be number three there?

If the great James Garner dies within the next week or so, my theory will be proven.

6. Carlin February 23, 2017 at 4:00 am - Reply

Billy Mays now. Makes me wonder if there aren't two overlapping trilogies in progress.

7. Jeeg February 23, 2017 at 4:00 am - Reply

Edward McMahon and Farrah Fawcett both have 14 letters in their names. Michael Jackson had to one up them with 15 letters in his name. Spooky!

I got nothing on this one.

8. Carlin February 23, 2017 at 4:00 am - Reply

Okay, how about this:

Farrah Fawcett's most famous character was Jill Munroe.

Michael Jackson was sometimes called "Jacko."

Ed McMahon would often say "Hey-o!"

Munroe, Jacko, Hey-o!

9. Carlin February 23, 2017 at 4:00 am - Reply

This still might be a stretch, but I think I've got a better connection for Farrah.

Ted Trikilis, the guy who shot the famous Farrah in a red swimsuit poster, was "crowned the 'King of the Posters' by The Washington Post." That's according to this FoxNews story.

10. Carlin February 23, 2017 at 4:00 am - Reply

The best I can come up with is a connection of royalty.

Michael Jackson was called the "King of Pop."

Ed McMahon was sidekick to the "King of Late Night."

Farrah Fawcett's last movie, The Cookout, was written by Queen Latifah.

That's about the best I can come up with.