On the Jazz!

Home/Article/On the Jazz!

On the Jazz!

If you’ve been following this blog for any length of time, then you know I’m a HUGE A-Team fan and I have been watching closely the development of this new A-Team movie. You also may know that after I saw Spider-Man 3 in the theater and had a horrible experience (not because the movie itself was disappointing but the crowd and atmosphere were horrible), I enacted a self-imposed ban on going to first-run movie theaters to see movies. As we left Spider-Man 3, I told my wife, I’ll break this ban for two movies: Serenity 2 and a good A-Team movie.

I won’t make any official declarations until I see a trailer, but this image certainly gets me well on my way to lifting the theater ban. For me, it all hinges on Hannibal. If Liam Neeson can perform a properly written Hannibal and I can see that in the trailer, I’ll be there. If the trailer is disappointing, I’ll be doing an A-Team episode marathon in my home on opening night instead.

By | 2017-03-17T01:01:31+00:00 October 23rd, 2009|Categories: Article|Tags: , , |6 Comments

1. Carlin February 23, 2017 at 4:00 am - Reply

I can't argue against anything you say, Downs. I have a great deal of skepticism about this movie as well. The A-Team is one of my top five favorite genre properties ever and I'd rather see no A-Team movie than a bad one.

However, seeing this image moves me from not wanting it to being cautiously optimistic. I don't get this way that often so I'm going to at least enjoy this image until the crushing disappointment get here.

2. Downs February 23, 2017 at 4:00 am - Reply

I have to say guys I'm a not so sure about this one.

I appreciate Liam Neeson's acting chops but really don't like him in most roles. (however I will say that photo looks awesome) Honestly his voice annoys me.

And I question if they can even get the feel of this film right in this day and age.

The A team never killed anyone, never really even hurt anyone. That didnt bother us a kids but I'm sure it will as adults. So what do they do stick with the original or update it so that its more mainstream.

That was one of my biggest problems with GI Joe is that it was nothing like what we watched as children. The blue Cobra uniforms with the red logo. The German Countess who doesn't help the good guys in the end.

I used to always be the guy praying for sequels and hoping my favorites would get adapted to film.

But now a days I find myself joining the "leave it alone" camps.

Too many times let down I guess.

3. Carlin February 23, 2017 at 4:00 am - Reply

Well Christian, I consider myself one of the world's foremost experts on The A-Team and I can tell you that if those three things don't happen in this movie, then it's not The A-Team.

It looks like BA calling Murdock a fool is covered though. Entertainment Tonight ran a rather lame behind the scenes bit which you can check out here.

4. Christian February 23, 2017 at 4:00 am - Reply

I hope in the movie they get trapped in a warehouse and create some kind of war machine using only the materials at hand. Also it's important that B.A. calls Murdock a fool at least once and only drinks milk.

5. Jeeg February 23, 2017 at 4:00 am - Reply

This picture does my heart good. Not only does Liam look right as Hannibal, but the van is there. The van!

6. Anonymous February 23, 2017 at 4:00 am - Reply

That hardly even looks like Liam!
    The cigar chomping smile is dead-on.