Are you a Marvel or DC?

Home/Article/Are you a Marvel or DC?

Are you a Marvel or DC?

Are you a Marvel or a DC?

It does seem that most people have a preference between the two companies. I do happen to like both quite a bit, but I did grow up collecting predominantly DC. Factoring in digital comics, I might own more Marvel books though. I have a hard time deciding between the two at this point.

So I turn to you Nerd Lunchketeers, which do you prefer…Marvel or DC? And, stealing an idea from our ol’ pal Shawn from Brandedinthe80s.com, I’m going to give you a fun way to voice your opinion. At least, I think it will be fun.

I have 40 post cards that I’m going to mail out. Half of them are DC themed and the other half are Marvel. Email me your name, mailing address and choice between the two and I will mail you a post card. And if you send me a picture of yourself with the card after receiving it, we will feature you on the blog and Nerd Lunch Facebook page. We’ll see which stack of post cards gets depleted first.

So, to recap:

1. Marvel or DC?
  2. Email CT your name, mailing address and choice: ct [at symbol] nerdlunch.net
  3. Wait patiently by your mailbox.
  4. Email me back a picture of you with your card. (Optional, but I sure would appreciate it!)

And hey, if you are not in the US, I will still send you a post card!

So get to emailing and tell everyone in the comments field which one you chose.

By | 2017-07-17T07:19:06+00:00 October 26th, 2011|Categories: Article|Tags: , , , |8 Comments

1. Chrisloc1701 February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

I have always been more of a Marvel guy than DC. The Incredible Hulk written by Peter David is my absolute favorite comic book series. I'd still say Marvel, however I'm loving this new 52 line from DC and I'm actually buying more DC now than anything else…

2. Lehman February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Gotta tell you, Batman (the darker Batman Begins type) takes the cake as the best superhero, as he is nothing more than a man (sure, he's rich, athletic and brilliant) who has dedicated his life to being in top physical and mental shape. As such, he beats bad guys with far greater powers.

But Marvel universe seems much more real. Set in the real world, with real superheroes with real flaws, it makes the stories much more compelling.

Love my Iron Man postcard, because he epitomizes the universe, both in comics and especially in the movies. A flawed genius who just kicks tail. Marvel gets the movies right. I would hate to see DC try to make a story like Thor into a movie. As we've seen with Superman Returns and Green Lantern, they don't quite get what comic book geeks and ordinary fans are looking for.

3. chenzzo February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

got my Marvel card today. Picture on the way.

4. Geekarino February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Just got my DC postcard today. Picture coming soon…

5. CT February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Things slowed down during day two, but then I wasn't around as much on the social media pushing it.

Totals:
    DC – 13
    Marvel – 10

DC is pulling away slowly, but there is still time for Marvel to come back.

If you haven't asked for your post card yet and you're wanting a DC, now's the time to do so!

6. CT February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Post card update:

I've had 17 requests for post cards today.

DC – 9
    Marvel – 8

Of the 17, three are going to be sent internationally and two are going to guys named Rob.

There are still more, but only just over half left! Email me if you want one!

7. Ken February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

DC- Firestorm, Teen Titans, Batman
    That is All

8. Jack February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Greetings again, my friend. I haven't been a comic book guy for many years, but I have an opinion: I was a Marvel guy almost from the moment I encountered them. The DC heroes, which I knew long before Marvel, always seemed a little stodgy and superior. They were willing enough to help us peons, but never without the deep-sigh-and-eye-roll tacked on.

Many of the Marvel heroes had been ordinaries like us before they became superheroes, but whether that was the case or not, they always seemed to have one foot in our world; they "got" us. It was an added treat to see Peter trying to impress his date, and halfway through, he had to disappear and save the world without her catching on to why he was acting like a (forgive me) Nerd.

If it hasn't come across yet, I like heroes that I can relate to. I might conceivably be bitten by a radioactive spider; I'm not about to be reborn on an alien plantet, then come to earth to be a crimefighter.