Nerd Lunch Podcast 27: Drill Down – Candy!

Home/Podcast/Nerd Lunch Podcast 27: Drill Down – Candy!

Nerd Lunch Podcast 27: Drill Down – Candy!

It’s our first cavity inducing episode. Well, maybe our second cavity inducing episode after Episode 19 about sodas. Anyway, Jason Liebig from CollectingCandy.com occupies the fourth chair for a discussion of all things candy. We learn about Jason’s collection/obsession, talk over some of our favorite candies, and eventually find our nougaty center. This week’s Nerd To-dos include a nerd’s quest to visit Popeye’s Chicken and a special story about hanging out with one of the Jimmy Olsens from Lois & Clark.

By | 2017-03-18T03:50:23+00:00 March 7th, 2012|Categories: Podcast|Tags: , , , , |7 Comments

1. CT February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

The PB Max crossed my mind, but I hardly remember the candy itself, but rather the marketing campaign.

Jason has appeared a few times on another podc…er…internet radio show called "The Action Room." They did not distribute through iTunes, but I think their episodes are still out there.

And if you want to see Jason, check out this video.

2. Jason - GBNF Manager February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Awesome episode guys! Was glad to finally hear what Jason sounds like…I've been internet/Flickr friends with him for a while but never actually have spoken with him. Loved the talk about favorite discontinued candy – I was screaming at my iPod "PBMax! It's the PBMax!" If I could have one wish, and only one wish, it wouldn't be to bring back the PBMax, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind.

3. Chrisloc1701 February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

The banana kit kat was great but didn't last long for some reason. It was around the time when they were putting 'orange' into everything too. I didn't like that fad. Pretty sure they did an orange kit kat too. Not good.

4. Jeeg February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Wait a minute, there was a Banana Kit Kat? I LOVE that fake banana flavor used in candy and flavored milk, so I'm sure I would have been head over heels for that thing.

5. Chrisloc1701 February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Great episode guys. My candy thoughts:

Favourite Chocolate Bars: Mars With Almonds, Reese Peanut Butter Cups, Mint Aero, Hershey Cookies & Cream

Discontinued Bars I love: Choclairs, White Chocolate Reese Peanut Butter Cups, Banana Kit Kat

Little Candies I love: Runts, Zingy Zaps, M&Ms Original and Almonds, Reeses Pieces, Gummie Bears

After working night shifts sometimes on the drive home I'll eat Runts to give me a sugar high to help keep me awake for the drive.

6. CT February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Jack, you're not wrong. But our pre-established "drill down" terminology mixed with the dentist gag (also not the best word choice) was just too good to pass up.

7. Jack February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Dudes… Was "Drill Down" the best mental picture to associate with this 'cast? Just sayin'…