Nerd Lunch Podcast 31: Nerdy Lunchy Bucket List

Home/Podcast/Nerd Lunch Podcast 31: Nerdy Lunchy Bucket List

Nerd Lunch Podcast 31: Nerdy Lunchy Bucket List

Our fourth chair is empty this week, so it’s a three way dance with Jeeg, Pax, and CT. This time around we’re coming up with bucket lists of must-do nerdy, lunchy, and podcast related items. When we’re not making callbacks to almost all of our previous episodes, we uncover Jeeg’s fascination with Lance Bass, praise the Kool-Aid Museum, and play a Superman related round of the “Dead or Alive?” game. To wrap up, we fantasize about what we’d eventually like to do with this here podcast. Get to listening and cross this episode off your bucket list now!

By | 2017-03-18T03:53:31+00:00 April 4th, 2012|Categories: Podcast|Tags: , , |6 Comments

1. Jeeg February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Chris, throwing a shopping cart? Is that an Olympic event I'm unfamiliar with or Canadian slang for something?

2. CT February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Wow, Jack. That story puts me off flying just reading about it. And how odd that there was just a jet fighter crash into some apartment buildings in the news. Thankfully, it sounds like no one was killed in that crash.

I found that even several years later, I could not watch a shuttle launch without fearing that it would explode on the way up. I have a feeling that I'm not alone in that.

3. Jack February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Ah, so, much better. After hearing your dissertations, I'm sticking with my original list. In about three hours I'll be hitting the sack. TO-DO TOMORROW: Open eyes… List complete.

I feel you on your Challenger story, Jeeg. I used to fly around quite a bit when I was in the navy, across the country and across the Pacific. I enjoyed it, and missed it after I got out. Then, one clear fall day in 1978, Pacific Southwest Airlines landed a fully loaded 727 in my back yard (actually missed us by a few blocks). We never got the charred meat smell out of that house, and moved 20 miles out from under the approach pattern. There's a very good account on Wikipedia under "PSA Flight 182." I've avoided flying whenever possible since then. I have one trip I have to take periodically, a puddle-jumper out to one of the Channel Islands, but if the navy (my current employer) decides to send me to Virginia at some point, I'm taking the bus!

4. CT February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

SORRY JACK!

Totally my mistake and it has been fixed now.

I have to laugh at the irony that I got your message about the player being wrong while I was sitting in an interface and usability conference.

5. Jack February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Poo! I click play, and #31 goes back and plays the A-Team episode again. I guess this is a good one for me to miss though; you get to be my age, the only item on your bucket list is opening your eyes tomorrow…

6. Chrisloc1701 February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Great episode yet again guys. I actually did a 'Bucket List' blog post on my Random Nerdness Blog. Blog #11: Bucket Talk. And part of my list involves throwing a shopping cart, going to the Vatican and going into space with the Russians or Richard Branson. Good times to be had one day by yours truly.

Great discussion guys!!