Nerd Lunch Podcast 40: Drill Down – Saved By The Bell

Home/Podcast/Nerd Lunch Podcast 40: Drill Down – Saved By The Bell

Nerd Lunch Podcast 40: Drill Down – Saved By The Bell

Casey's sweaters are cooler than you

This week CT and Jeeg have to soldier on without the Nerd Lunch ironman, Pax, who has been kidnapped by our arch-rival Valley High.  But it’s all right, ‘cause we’re saved by the bell and two returning guests:  Aaron Nix of Movie Hodge Podge and Jay from The Sexy Armpit.  We spend the episode reminiscing about our favorite moments, the most attractive female cast member, and Casey Kasem’s epic Cosby sweaters.  Be warned, it’s such a lovefest that we’re not even fazed by the fact that the show also sounded the death knell of Saturday morning cartoons.  In our Nerd To-Do’s, we get some love for TV’s Dallas, Sherman Hemsley, Taco John’s restaurants, and the Back to the Future iPad game.

By | 2017-03-18T02:53:53+00:00 June 5th, 2012|Categories: Podcast|Tags: , , , , |9 Comments

1. doesntmattr February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

In Out of This World, the main character, Evie, was part alien so her powers were explained by her backstory.

Great episode but nobody mentioned the Zack and Kelly breakup episode as one of the most heart-wrenching scenes in television history. And at the dance no less.

2. CT February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

I'm so glad our podcast is bringing people closer together.

3. Jeeg February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Big Dan, in all our years as friends I don't think your love of SBTB has come up. Glad you're excited and, yes, you'll get Kelly vs. Jessie in this episode.

4. Big Dan February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Jeeg, how could you not tell me you were doing a Saved by the Bell podcast? I'm not embarrassed to admit a Saved by the Bell podcast ranks just slightly below a Wrestlemania podcast. I can't wait to listen. Let the Kelly vs. Jessie debate begin.

5. Jack February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

I watched a few episodes of this, but I had just seen a US rerun of De Grassi Junior High, and all I could see clearly here was the stupidity; I didn't last long…

6. Janay February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

This episode was fun to listen to!
    One thing that you ripped out of my brain — I don't think I had made the connection yet — Professor Lasky… I had forgotten about him, but as soon as I heard the name his face popped into my head. He's been a professor (with a similar name in fact) in another show we all know and love dearly!
    Patrick Fabian

7. Shawn Robare February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Oh and in Out of this World featured a girl who was an alien human hybrid (her mom dated an alien). She could put her fingers together and stop time…

8. Shawn Robare February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

So, I totally thought I watched this show a lot, but apparently after listening to the episode, I have not. Also, CT, your continuity explanation fanfic sort of broke my brain.

9. Chrisloc1701 February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Haven't gave the episode a listen yet… it will be hard because a 'Saved By The Bell' fan I am not. but I trust that the Nerdlunch podcast will still keep me entertained despite my lack of interest in the topic. All the same keep up the great work guys!