Nerd Lunch Podcast 49: Guilty Pleasures

Home/Podcast/Nerd Lunch Podcast 49: Guilty Pleasures

Nerd Lunch Podcast 49: Guilty Pleasures

renegade_trio
Every podcast has to have a guilty pleasures episode and this week we finally do our take.  Joining us for the confessions is our favorite strange kid, Rondal Scott.  Who enjoys the worst reality TV show?  Who likes an emasculating rom-com?  Who revels in cheesy flicks from an 80s action star?  Listen for these revelations and so much more.  In our Nerd To-Dos Jeeg reads a book, Pax plans a Movie Man-athon, CT keeps buying digital comics, and Rondal plans an epic run of SNL viewing.

By | 2017-03-18T15:03:18+00:00 August 8th, 2012|Categories: Podcast|Tags: , , , , , |7 Comments

1. Jonathan Mayne February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Another great podcast guys! Although I'd probably call a love of animated Disney movies an exquisite taste in cinema rather than a guilty pleasure. 🙂 Come on! There isn't a song in Beauty and the Beast that you don't feel compelled to sing along to.

If I had to pick a guilty pleasure it'd probably be Superman Returns. What can I tell you? I liked it. Although you read my take on this recently CT. I never really had much of a vested interest in the character so I just found the movie incredibly entertaining. I'm sure an Über fan would find plenty of reason to disagree with me. Anyway, good podcast again guys.

2. Chrisloc1701 February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Great episode guys. looking forward to 50!

Jeeg: Y&R fan you are? (That was my Yoda impression) Don't feel guilty, from about 2004-2006 i watched almost everyday. My wife had been a fan for years and her watching it everyday drew me to watching it too. Victor Newman is one of my TV heroes. And Sharon, oh Sharon, she is just so sweet…and hot… I just lost touch with the show because of my work schedule and my Wife stopped watching too. One thing that drives me nuts about that series (and many TV series) is how they rapidly age the kids. Victor and Ashleys little 4 year old from 2004 is now in 2012 a 21-ish young babe who (last i heard) was caught up in a Paris Hilton-like scandel involving nude pics. WHAT??? how does that little girl age in 8 years from 4 to 21? one of the great things about a series like Britains 'Coronation Street' is that the kids age normally.

and as far as guilty pleasures go i have actually been debating starting to watch Coronation Street. my Grandparents-in-law are huge fans of that series and actually visited the set. when we were up visiting i watched several episodes and actually enjoyed the show.

And for me a guilty pleasure, or rather lately 'Dis-pleasure' has been the HBO series 'True Blood'. i keep hanging on because it has potential to be a really cool show, and sometimes they alost make it to that point, but they never actually get there. At first i loved seeing Anna Paquin naked, now she is over exploited with her nudity to the point I want her to keep her clothes on. i really don't know why i stay around. Well i do: Eric Northman. Such a cool concept and his character has such a rich history that i want to see more of him, unfortunately the show is populated with lots of stupid characters.

anywho keep up the great work guys!

3. Jeeg February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

For those of you that listen online using the embedded player, bear with us. Our podcast service changed their player format and we're still trying to size up the new one.

The audio quality isn't great, but player in this post should work OK in most browsers (including iPhone and iPad). Internet Explorer users are out of luck at the moment. And since using IE is one of my guilty pleasures, I don't like that.

4. Jeeg February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Is it because Rene Auberjonois is in it? Otherwise I don't think I'm ever going to understand the relationship you have with these Schumacher Batman movies, CT.

Sounds like we might have a future "Give It A Chance" episode for About A Boy. We just need a third person to take the plunge.

5. CT February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Batman Forever. I should have mentioned that as one of my guilty pleasures.

6. CT February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Fine. I'll check out About a Boy despite the lack of robots.

7. Shawn Robare February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

First off, no one puts Rondal in a corner 😉 Also, Jeeg, no guilt with About a Boy, it's a Nick "High Fidelity" Hornby story with a soundtrack by Badly Drawn Boy. Awesome film…