Nerd Lunch Podcast 63: 80s Sitcoms

Home/Podcast/Nerd Lunch Podcast 63: 80s Sitcoms

Nerd Lunch Podcast 63: 80s Sitcoms

Finally, Mark Linn-Baker has come to Nerd Lunch
We’re joined this week by Claymation Werewolf for a very special episode on 80s sitcoms. Rather than going straight for the Kate & Allie drilldown, we go around the horn reminiscing about the shows we watched regularly, our favorite series, memorable episodes, and more. The usual suspects like Cheers, Family Ties, and The Golden Girls are mentioned, but we get to Mama’s Family, A Different World, and Major Dad a lot faster than anybody would expect. Our Nerd To-Dos feature real life screenwriting, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, an upcoming gathering of the nerds, and Black Friday shopping plans.

By | 2017-03-18T14:53:34+00:00 November 28th, 2012|Categories: Podcast|Tags: , , , , |10 Comments

1. Christian February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

I accept your The Simpsons episode invitation. I will bring a bunt cake.

2. CT February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Yes, the Simpsons would count as a sitcom, but since it debuted in the latter part of December '89, I would not consider it an 80s sitcom so that's why it did not enter the discussion.

Due to how long it has been on, I can see The Simpsons deserving its own episode of our podcast. But it will be one that Jeeg will have to host and I sit out of since I never have followed the show. Robert, you can take my place and Christian can sit in the fourth chair on that one.

3. Robert February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Full House and Growing Pains were two of my faves. Does The Simpsons count as a sitcom? If so, that's my top pick.

4. Christian February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Loved this episode. Wanted to jump in and comment so very badly. Comments about post photo. What exactly is Cousin Larry attempting to do in this photo? Is he taking the first step in becoming less than Perfect Strangers? Yikes! Also I'm very curious about Geraldo's article on passion in news. I guess he couldn't get it printed in Time magazine or Newsweek? I guess TV Guide was the perfect forum for television journalism criticism? I think too much.

5. Shawn Robare February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

FYI, I would totally take Ricky Stratton's life (Silver Spoons), and I would have dated Evie Garland (Maureen Flannigan) from Out of This World. As for a job, I'd probably opt for something easy like clerking in the Ritz Discount Store from the early seasons of Perfect Strangers, though I'd also clerk for Ms. Garrett in Over Our Heads (Edna's Edibles would be alright too…) from the Facts of Life…

6. Jason - GBNF Manager February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

I bet it's not even on Paul Reiser's list……

7. CT February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Did My Two Dads even come up? Now that I think about it, I don't remember anyone saying anything about it. Surprised that didn't make Jeeg's list of favorites.

8. Jason - GBNF Manager February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Sitcoms I remember watching fondly (and am quite embarrassed to admit) were Gimme a Break!, Punky Brewster, and We've Got it Maid. Oh, and honorable mentions go to Jennifer Slept Here and My 2 Dads. Wow, I'm really embarrassed now……

9. CT February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Wow. That is amazingly sad. He may be a candidate for a future "give that guy some work" show.

10. ShezCrafti February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

You want to see something sad? Check out Mark Linn Baker's Twitter account, @marklinnbaker.