Nerd Lunch Podcast 68: Failed Movie Toy Lines

Home/Podcast/Nerd Lunch Podcast 68: Failed Movie Toy Lines

Nerd Lunch Podcast 68: Failed Movie Toy Lines

For the second week in a row, the Nerd Lunch Podcast is joined by a member of the Schlock Treatment Podcast. This time, Kirk Howle stops in. Filling in for an absent Jeeg is Shawn from Branded in the 80s and Cult Film Club. The Nerds launch into a discussion about failed movie toy lines and even pitch their own ideas for movies that should have a failed toy line. This week’s Nerd To Dos include doing some animation, hunting down classic toys and a quest for Jumpin’ Jack Doritos.

Additional Kirk Howle projects mentioned on the show:

By | 2017-05-28T22:01:59+00:00 January 15th, 2013|Categories: Podcast|Tags: , , , , , , |6 Comments

1. Chrisloc1701 February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

I loved those Dick Tracy toys. Especially because they were roughly the same size as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figures. So I often had the Turtles battling gangsters in the streets of New York (aka our kitchen). it was awesome!! -Chrisloc1701

2. CT February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

In Russia, Jane Badler holds V doll!

Ugh…that joke was funnier in my head before I typed it. Doesn't matter. I'm still clicking "publish"!

3. Shawn Robare February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Man, I miss Lionel Playworld something fierce. I know for the Branded announcement of this episode I was really happy to find a picture of Jane Badler holding the V doll…

4. CT February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

I was going to post one of the figures, but that half ripped off Lionel's Playworld price tag got me.

5. Paxton February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

I love that you used the Over the Top arm wrestling table as the image. EPIC and AWESOME, my friend.

Pax

6. Jason - GBNF Manager February 25, 2017 at 8:21 pm - Reply

You ever see the toy line for the horrible Super Mario Bros. Live action Movie? Ugh.